Combining prescriptions or using alcohol with a particular medication may inadvertently cause depression, anxiety, or physical health problems. Here are some tips.
- Know that some medicines do not mix well with other medications, including over-the-counter medications and herbal remedies.
- Note changes in body weight. These changes can influence the amount of medicine needed.
- Read labels on medications carefully and follow the directions.
- Look for pictures or statements that prohibit drinking alcohol while taking a certain medicine.
- Talk to a health care professional about all medications, including prescription ones, over-the-counter medicines, and vitamins.
Go through the medicine chest and get rid of expired medicines regularly. The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has a box where you can safely dispose of all unused and or expired medication.