Many people are unable to recognize how the use of substances has negatively impacted their lives. For some, legal intervention is required to get them into a treatment setting. For this reason, First Step’s Court Services specializes in helping individuals and their families navigate the legal system in an effort to obtain treatment as an alternative to incarceration.
- October 2018 – First Step and Sarasota County Sheriff teaming up to serve the homeless
- June 2018 – Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight urges reform on opioid epidemic
- May 2018 – PAM BONDI: IT’S ‘RIDICULOUS’ TO CUT DOC RE-ENTRY PROGRAMS
- May 2018 – Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi Sues Opioid Manufacturers Legislature Underfunded the State’s Department of Corrections
- May 2018 – DOC Misplaced Priorities, Budget Cuts